VENI ACADEMY: 4X4
VENI ACADEMY 4×4 – CALL FOR SCORES 2023
VENI ACADEMY hereby announces the Call for scores for composers from Slovakia, the Czech Republic, Hungary and Poland, under the following regulations:
- Submissions from all composers from the aforementioned countries, regardless of age, are eligible for the Call for scores.
- The submitted works shall be composed in 2017 and later, should not have been performed yet and their duration shall be between 7 and 12 minutes. A composer may submit only one piece fulfilling these criteria.
- The submitted pieces should be of a category of open scores (notated, graphic, verbal or else), performable by an unspecified ensemble of any size consisting of musicians not very skilled in performance of contemporary music (being mainly students of the conservatories and music academies).
- The scores, parts and performance notes need to be submitted as .pdf files at the email address: firstname.lastname@example.org. MIDI outputs (in .mp3 format) of the pieces are welcome.
All entries must be accompanied by the following:
- proof of citizenship (copy of ID),
- a recent photograph,
- short biography (max. 1,200 characters with spaces),
- short programme note (max. 600 characters with spaces).
VENI ACADEMY will choose 4 works from the submitted entries (1 for each V4 country), which will be awarded a fee of 300 € each.
If needed, the programme may be supplemented by other submitted pieces, however, without the fee for the composer.
The deadline for submissions is April 1st, 2023.
Selected works will be premiered on October 2023 at a concert in Banská Bystrica.
Four selected composers will be invited to take part in the whole VENI ACADEMY 4×4 project (October 2023).
VENI ACADEMY offers young people a unique and original educational possibility, one of its kind in V4 countries. The project 4×4 consists of 3 elements: workshops in V4 countries, music academy and a concert. Young students of music will intensively work with professional music tutors. During workshops the project will be introduced to students in V4 countries, encouraging them to participate. The music academy focuses on studying new compositions of young authors and will end with final concert, where all new pieces from V4 will be interpreted.
International Society for Contemporary Music – Slovak section
Akademia Muzyczna im. Karola Lipińskiego we Wrocławiu
Project is supported by Visegrad Fund.